- Gluten Free Crust- I used Wholly Gluten Free 9″ Pie Shells from Trader Joes ($4.49 for 2 shells)
- 1 Package of smoked salmon (chopped)
- 1 Cup chopped bacon (optional)
- 1 Cup Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup chopped spinach
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup of broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon of plant based butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake pie crust per instructions.
- While pie crust is baking in a pan place 1 tbsp of butter into pan and sauté chopped onions. Once onion starts to sweat add minced garlic, chopped spinach, broccoli and mushrooms. Cook mixture until broccoli and mushrooms are tender. Once tender remove mixture from pan and place into a bowl on the counter.
- In the same pan begin to cook bacon until crispy. Once cooked chop bacon and smoked salmon and add to vegetable mixture.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and water together with a handheld mixer or whisk. Once beaten combine the vegetable mixture, eggs, and cheese together in one bowl.
- When pie crust has baked per directions on package add egg mixture from above steps into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until the center of the quiche is just about set.
- Allow quiche to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired. Quiche can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.