Did you know your metabolism can lower by 5% after the age of 40? Do not worry I have five simple ways that you can boost your metabolism today!
- Resistance Training: Resistance training promotes healthy muscle growth. Muscles burn more calories than fat. In turn, the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism will be.
- Eat Breakfast: In a recent study, researchers found women who skip breakfast have higher levels of cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone that increases your glucose into the blood stream. This in turn can increase your appetite causing weight gain.
- Consuming Adequate Protein: Protein will help to build lean body mass helping your metabolism. Protein also, will help keep you fuller longer!
- Decrease Simple Carbohydrates: Simple carbohydrates are things like sugary beverages, cookies, cakes, candies, crackers, etc. These foods provide the body little to no nutritional value. In turn, your body has to use insulin to control your blood sugars. The over production of insulin can disrupt your metabolism by slowing it down.
- Go for a Walk: Aerobic exercise is great for increasing your metabolism. With aerobic exercise you get immediate response, while resistance training is more of a long term burn.
Leave a Reply